Helping People Find Information They Want and Need
During the recent Thief River Falls Making It Home effort, one of the top five recommendations was to streamline area websites and create a common landing page, making it easier for people to find the information they need. Acting upon these recommendations, Advance Thief River published a new landing page in April, connecting five partner websites: Advance Thief River, City of Thief River Falls, Pennington County, Visit Thief River Falls, and the Thief River Falls Chamber of Commerce. WhereTwoRiversMeet.com was purchased as the new domain for the landing page (pictured above).
Along with a graphic for each website, the landing page features a short description of what can be found on each of them:
- Advance Thief River: business resources, finance, housing, community information, community profile, and economic development information
- City of Thief River Falls: city departments and services, fire, police city government, zoning, utilities, and more
- Pennington County: official website of Pennington County with information on all county departments and services
- Thief River Falls Chamber of Commerce: business directory, community calendar, community events, and business networking
- Visit Thief River Falls: everything needed to plan a trip to Thief River Falls, including lodging, recreation, amenities, shopping, dining, events, and more
The branding and overall message for the landing page revolves around the newly adopted community tagline, where two rivers meet. The page, branding and tagline are designed to appeal to new residents, evoking a sense of the area’s quality of place. A social media campaign that will drive people to the new landing page is currently in development.
Another recommendation called for a single community calendar. The Thief River Falls Chamber of Commerce has taken responsibility for maintaining the calendar, which can be accessed from the new landing page, as well as from partner websites.