FREE Web-Based Fall 2022 Business Leadership Cohorts
First Children’s Finance is offering web-based business leadership training for childcare providers. Topics covered include marketing, accounting & financial statements, cashflow, staffing for centers, discussion around policies and business challenges for family providers, networking on current topics, and goal setting.
Participants who complete the Business Leadership Cohort and meet ALL of the requirements listed on the guidelines and application, will be eligible for a grant. One grant per license. Family childcare providers are eligible for a $1,000 grant and centers are eligible for a $2,500 grant.
Additional Information on the Training
- Parent Aware Points for Indicator: Upon completing the Business Leadership Cohort the lead family child care provider or center director will earn the Business Leadership Credential for leading and managing an early care and education program. The Business Leadership Credential will appear on the provider’s learning record as 3 points for indicator p1 3a. Specialized credential. The Business Leadership Credential will remain on learning records as long as the provider is in the field of child care.
- Past Cohort Participants: Due to changes in the model for the Business Leadership Cohort, and the business challenges resulting from the pandemic, child care providers that completed the cohort in the past need to take it again to receive the Business Leadership Credential. FCF will provide the Business Leadership Credential to providers that have completed any Business Leadership Cohort from July 1, 2021 and beyond.
- Attendance is Mandatory: Participants are required to attend all four training sessions and two one-on-one consultations within the cohort to receive Develop training credit, Relationship Based Professional Development (RBPD) credit, and the Business Leadership Credential.
- Approved Credits: For completion, family child care providers will receive 8 Develop training
hours and 2-4 RBPD credit hours. Child care center owners or directors will receive 12 Develop training hours and 2-4 RBPD credit hours.
- Multiple Offerings: Business Leadership Cohorts are offered virtually throughout 2022-23. If these dates do not work, watch for more opportunities.
- Limited Spots Available: Each cohort is limited to 12 participants.