Lean Startup Training
ILT Academy NoW Innovators Network Virtual Cohort 2023
This 10-Week Lean Startup Program is designed to be FREE to all entrepreneurs and soon-to-be-entrepreneurs of Northwest Minnesota (Bemidji, East Grand Forks, Warroad, Thief River Falls, Park Rapids, Fosston, and all areas in between). This program coaches, supports, and boosts entrepreneurs and soon-to-be-entrepreneurs on their lean startup journeys.
Course Date and Registration:
- February 13-April 17, 2023
- Every Monday, 6PM to 10PM
Limited spots available.
Full scholarships available.
Application deadline extended to February 3, 2023.
QuickBooks/Financial Literacy Training
Through this FREE 5 week hybrid course small business owners will learn the basics of financial literacy and receive hands-on training using financial tools.
- Learn to prepare basic financial statements using QuickBooks Online
- Expand your ability to use Excel as a financial tool
- Learn how QuickBooks and Excel can work together to help apply methods of financial analysis
Course Date and Registration:
- March 23 – April 20, 2023
Kara Bowen is a Lecturer in Accounting and the Department Chair in the Business Department at the University of Minnesota Crookston. She has experience teaching a variety of classes in accounting and business. She also has over 25 years of experience in the accounting profession in diverse business sectors.
Have you always dreamed of starting your own business? Are you wondering if entrepreneurship is for you?
Through this FREE 4 week on-line course entrepreneurs and emerging small business owners will learn the nuts and bolts of starting and sustaining a business. In addition, participants will gain a better understanding of the resources available to them within the region to help them launch their business.
- Learn basic business concepts and effective business communication while discovering entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Learn basic accounting and finance principles as they apply to business while developing and refining a business plan
- Learn how to market more effectively and develop an understanding of local demand for products and services
Course Dates and Times:
- First session February 20-March 17.
- Second session April 17-May 12, 2023
Dr. Rachel Lundbohm is an Assistant Professor of Management in the Business Department and Fellow of the UMC Veden Center for Rural Development and Strategic Initiatives at the University of Minnesota Crookston. She has experience teaching a variety of classes in business, entrepreneurship and innovation. She also has extensive experience providing technical assistance to small businesses in the region through her. Dr. Lundbohm also serves as an adjunct faculty member at White Earth Tribal and Community College and has more than 10 years of experience in instruction. Dr. Lundbohm is also a fellow of the UMC Veden Center for Rural Development and Strategic Initiative.