Have you always dreamed of starting your own business? Are you wondering if entrepreneurship is for you?
Through this FREE 4 week on-line course entrepreneurs and emerging small business owners will learn the nuts and bolts of starting and sustaining a business. In addition, participants will gain a better understanding of the resources available to them within the region to help them launch their business.
- Learn basic business concepts and effective business communication while discovering entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Learn basic accounting and finance principles as they apply to business while developing and refining a business plan
- Learn how to market more effectively and develop an understanding of local demand for products and services
Course Dates and Times:
- All course sessions occur online and may be completed at your own pace. There will also be an optional live virtual meeting (Lunch and Learn) on Tuesdays at Noon for the duration of the course.
- First session starting week of April 11th, 2022
- Second session starting the week of September 12th, 2022
- Third session starting the week of November 7th, 2022
- Fourth and fifth session – TBD
Dr. Rachel Lundbohm is an Assistant Professor of Management in the Business Department and Fellow of the UMC Veden Center for Rural Development and Strategic Initiatives at the University of Minnesota Crookston. She has experience teaching a variety of classes in business, entrepreneurship and innovation. She also has extensive experience providing technical assistance to small businesses in the region through her. Dr. Lundbohm also serves as an adjunct faculty member at White Earth Tribal and Community College and has more than 10 years of experience in instruction. Dr. Lundbohm is also a fellow of the UMC Veden Center for Rural Development and Strategic Initiative.